With a huge temperature measurement range, decent thermal resolution and high thermal sensitivity, the FLIR E40 is an excellent tool for pinpointing temperature issues.
Although this product is the entry-level product in FLIR's Exx series, the E40 is a vast improvement over the E series cameras. As standard it comes with IR resolution of 160 x 120 pixels, which - while not the highest available on a thermal camera - is still good enough to generate high quality thermal imagery.
Image quality is also significantly enhanced thanks to FLIR's unique MSX (multi-spectral dynamic imaging technology). With this mode enabled, the thermal image is combined together with a digital image captured at the same time, improving the level of detail significantly and making it easier to determine exactly what the camera was pointing at when the image was captured.
You can see the difference MSX makes in this video from FLIR.
The FLIR E40 is designed with precision in mind; it can measure temperature levels across an extremely large range of -4 to 1202°F (-20 to 650°C) with accuracy of ±2°C. With high thermal sensitivity of <0.07°C (can spot differences that small), you know that every single pixel in the image you capture will display an accurate temperature result.
This thermal camera is also packed with other features. At the press of a button, why not add text or voice annotations to your images for more comprehensive reports? The E40 also includes a 2x continuous digital zoom function, a full colour 3.5" touch screen, a laser spot for precise targeting, video output capabilities and even supports different lenses (sold separately).
FLIR E40 Thermal Camera Key Features
- Infrared thermal resolution of 160 x 120 pixels
- High thermal sensitivity of <0.07°C for pinpointing minor temperature differences
- Huge temperature measurement range of -4 to 1202°F (-20 to 650°C)
- Built-in 3.1MP digital camera captures a digital image alongside a thermal image for reference
- Supplied as standard with a 25° lens; optional 15°, telephoto and 45° wide lenses are also available
- 2x continuous zoom function
- FLIR MSX included - blend together thermal and digital images to significantly improve the level of detail
- Manual focus
- 3.5" full colour LCD touch screen
- Fixed picture-in-picture mode - overlays a thermal image on a digital image in a smaller window
- Integrated laser spot for precise targeting
- Pistol-shaped, ergonomic lightweight design for use wherever you need it
- Composite video output capabilities
- 60Hz frame rate
- 3 moveable spot, 3 box areas and delta T temperature analysis functions
- Record voice annotations or add text comments to your thermal images
- Wi-Fi enabled - seamlessly interface via wireless connection to Apple and Android mobile devices running the FLIR Tools app
- MeterLink enabled - can interface with selected Extech meters to add measurement data to thermal images (wireless)
- Rechargeable battery pack with 4 hour operating time
- Optional dual-bar charger and spare battery available
- Covered by FLIR's unique warranty - 2 years parts and labour coverage on the camera, plus 10 year coverage on the detector (please note this requires registration of the camera on FLIR's website - see the items included with the camera for more information)
- FLIR E40 Thermal Camera
- Hard Transport Case
- Battery (Rechargeable)
- Calibration Certificate
- Camera Lens Cap
- Downloads Brochure
- FLIR Tools Software
- Memory Card
- Power Supply (Incl. Multi-Country Plugs)
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Printed Important Information Guide
- Service and Training Brochure
- USB Cable
- User Documentation CD-ROM
- Video Cable
- Warranty Extension Card
Free £100 Amazon Voucher with E8 / E40 / E40bx / Ti100 / Ti105 / Ti110 / Ti125
|Select ONE of the following in your basket|
£100 Amazon Gift Voucher
Need more information? Find it in the full technical specification and reviews.
Annotations are available on this thermal camera. Please check the full thermal camera specification for whether text, sketch and/or voice annotations are available.
As well as a thermal image the FLIR E40 Thermal Camera can take a digital image. This helps when creating reports to show exactly where the problem area is and what it looks like.
The FLIR E40 Thermal Camera image resolution is 160 x 120 pixels. Every additional pixel means more valuable temperature information to isolate problem areas
See exactly where you are taking your temperature reading from with a laser pointer.
The FLIR E40 Thermal Camera has a thermal sensitivity of 70mK NETD. A lower mK value means a more accurate thermal camera.
Software is included for reporting functionality.
The FLIR E40 Thermal Camera can detect between -/+ 2% of the actual temperature.
This infrared camera has an accuracy of -20°C to +650°C. Electrical use thermal cameras tend to have the widest temperature range as they deal with the highest temperatures.
Transfer images wirelessly to a smart phone, iPhone, iPad or tablet PC.
Wholesale Display Price