Cat® S61 Smartphone with FLIR Thermal Imaging & Integrated Tools
The Cat® S61 Smartphone with FLIR Thermal Imaging & Integrated Tools is an upgraded version of the Cat S60 smartphone. It is a rugged, versatile and flexible smartphone equipped with advanced FLIR thermal technology, environmental monitoring capabilities, and an integrated laser-assisted distance meter. It is ideal for use in a variety of industry sectors including agriculture, construction and electrical.
Thermal Imaging Technology
Thermal technology developed by FLIR allows the Cat S61 smartphone to detect, measure and display temperatures up to 400°C. It can detect hot sources in complete darkness and can capture clear thermal images despite light fog and smoke. The Cat S61 smartphone’s enhanced software means that its thermal resolution is twice as good as that of its predecessor.
Moreover, the inclusion of FLIR MSX® technology, as well a 16MP rear camera and 8MP front-facing camera, allows the user to overlay visible-light images with HD detail onto IR images, thereby producing thermal pictures with the clarity, sharpness and detail of digital photographs. This feature is particularly useful for identifying and locating shorts, blockages, leaks, drafts and damp.
In addition to this, both the 16MP, waterproof rear camera, with autofocus, PDAF and an LED flash, and the front-facing 8MP camera can be used to capture 4K videos. Thermal media, such as images and footage, can be streamed to relevant persons using the My FLIR App. This facilitates collaborative analysis and decision-making without the thermographer having to leave the field.
The ability to capture sharp, detailed and clear thermal pictures in the field without additional instrumentation, such as a handheld IR imaging camera, improves the ease, efficiency and accuracy of quoting for jobs. The operator is able to identify problems and provide proof of these issues to the client.
Additionally, the convenience of a smartphone, combined with the Cat S61’s thermal imaging capabilities and extended temperature range, mean that it can be used to monitor high-temperature equipment and asphalt, as well as perform vehicle diagnostics. Moreover, the Cat S61’s ability to capture thermal data in visibly-challenging conditions makes it suitable for outdoor use and is therefore ideal for inspecting livestock and crops.
Monitor Indoor Air Quality
In addition to measuring ambient air temperature and humidity, the Cat S61 smartphone can be used to monitor the level of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) in the atmosphere. This feature is particularly useful when working in areas without an extractor fan or a window opening large enough to remove all atmospheric moisture. It will alert the user when VOCs, commonly found in paints, solvents, carpets, furniture and cleaning products, are of a dangerous level.
In addition to protecting the user, this feature can also be used to determine when freshly plastered walls are dry and, therefore, ready for painting.
Laser-Assisted Distance Meter
From a single image, the operator can determine the height, length and area of a worksite by using the integrated laser-assisted distance meter and the Measurement App. The Cat S61 smartphone can perform point-to-point measurements of up to 8m, as well as calculate the area of the scanned space. Additionally, this smartphone is able to utilise these measurements in order to estimate the volume of materials (for example paint, flooring or tiles) required for a particular job.
Moreover, by capturing an image of the layout the user is able to visualise how additional work and/or structures will look within this space.
Rugged, Practical Design
In order to accommodate the long working hours of construction, electrical and agricultural professionals, the Cat S61 smartphone is equipped with a powerful 4500 mAh battery. Additionally, its textured, non-slip design means that it can be easily handled over prolonged periods of time.
Furthermore, this smartphone is equipped with a 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM memory which can be extended using a microSD card, ensuring that it is able to record a vast number of measurements and thermal images and videos.
Moreover, the Cat S61 smartphone is equipped with a curated App Toolbox, allowing the user to download the measurement apps most relevant to his/her requirements. He/she can also program a variety of shortcut keys to facilitate easy and efficient operation. Programmable shortcut keys are especially useful for launching cameras and/or the built-in torch quickly, as well as accessing Push to Talk (PTT) and SOS functions.
The Cat S61 smartphone’s touchscreen interface remains responsive even when navigated using gloved or wet hands. Its 5.2-inch, full HD touchscreen display also remains easy-to-read despite bright sunlight and is covered in a Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 scratch-resistant screen, again making the Cat S61 smartphone suitable for use in both outdoor and rugged environments.
The Cat S61 smartphone is fully waterproof and has an IP rating of 68; it is beyond MIL SPEC 810G credentials. It is resistant to dust, dirt, sand, salt, mist, vibration and pressure, and can be submerged in water (including saltwater) to a depth of 3m for up to an hour without sustaining any damage. It has also been drop tested onto concrete from 1.8m.
Furthermore, the Cat S61 smartphone has an operational temperature range of -25°C to +55°C and is capable of withstanding thermal shocks.
The Cat S61 smartphone with FLIR Thermal Imaging & Integrated Tools is a durable, dynamic and dependable instrument that can be adapted to provide a solution to a variety of construction, electrical and agricultural applications.
Cat® S61 Smartphone with FLIR Thermal Imaging & Integrated Tools Key Features
- An upgraded version of the Cat S60
- A rugged, versatile and flexible smartphone equipped with advanced FLIR thermal technology, environmental monitoring capabilities, and an integrated laser-assisted distance meter
- Suitable for use in construction, electrical and agricultural industry sectors
- Detect, measure and display temperatures up to 400°C
- Detect heat sources in complete darkness
- Capture clear thermal images despite light fog and mist
- Enhanced thermal software means that the thermal resolution is twice as good as that of its predecessor
- FLIR MSX® technology: overlay visible-light images onto IR mages to create detailed, sharp thermal pictures
- Identify and locate shorts, blockages, leaks, drafts and damp
- 16MP, waterproof, rear camera with autofocus, PDAF and LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Capture digital images with HD detail
- Capture 4K video
- Stream thermal images and videos to relevant persons using the My FLIR App
- Suitable for collaborative analysis and decision-making
- Identify and provide proof of problems in the field
- Extended temperature range for monitoring high-temperature equipment and asphalt, and performing vehicle diagnostics
- Check crops and livestock
- Monitor indoor air quality
- Measure ambient temperature and humidity
- Monitor the level of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) in the atmosphere
- Alerts the user when there is a dangerous level of VOCs
- Can be used to determine when freshly plastered walls are dry enough to paint
- Monitoring indoor air conditions is useful when working in areas without an extractor fan or a window opening large enough to remove all atmospheric moisture
- Integrated laser-assisted distance meter
- Calculate the height, length and area from a single image of a scanned space
- Perform point-to-point measurements of up to 8m
- Use the Measurement App to estimate the volume of materials required for a particular job
- Visualise how additional work and/or structures will look within the site space
- Equipped with a powerful 4500 mAh battery for long working hours
- Textured, non-slip design for ease-of-handling
- 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM memory
- Memory can be extended using a microSD card
- Includes a curated App Toolbox allowing the user to download the measurement apps most relevant to his/her requirements
- Programmable shortcut keys: quickly launch cameras and/or the integrated torch and access PTT and SOS functions
- 5.2-inch, full HD touchscreen display covered in a Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 scratch-resistant screen
- The display remains easy to read even in bright sunlight
- Fully waterproof
- Exceeds MIL SPEC 810G credentials
- Dust, dirt, sand, salt, mist, vibration and pressure resistant
- Can be submerged in water (including saltwater) to a depth of 3m for approximately an hour
- Drop tested onto concrete from 1.8m
- Operational temperature range: -25°C to +55°C
- Can withstand thermal shocks
- A durable, dynamic and dependable tool
- Can be adapted to provide a solution to a variety of construction, electrical and agricultural applications
- Cat® S61 Smartphone with FLIR Thermal Imaging & Integrated Tools
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Charger with USB Cable
- Headphone (SKU dependent)
- Screen Protector (factory fitted)
Cat® S61 Smartphone Technical Specifications
|Display||Super Bright 5.2” Display - FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, auto switch support and wet-finger / glove-on working technology*|
|Display Cover||Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5|
|Memory||64 GB ROM|
|4 GB RAM|
|(Expandable via microSD™ card)|
|Processor||Qualcomm SD630 Octacore 2.2GHz|
|Platform (Operating System)||Google Android™ Oreo (with upgrade to P)|
|Audio||FM Radio, Music Player|
|Video Recording||3840 × 2160 at 30 fps|
|Video Playback||3840 × 2160 at 30 fps|
|Maximum Downlink Data Rate||600Mbps|
|Maximum Uplink Data Rate||150Mbps|
|Side||Power key, volume (up/down), programmable key|
|Front||Home, back, recent app|
|Sensors||Thermal camera (FLIR®)|
|Indoor Air Quality Sensor (humidity & temperature)|
|Ambient Light Sensor|
|Dimensions||163 x 78 x 13mm|
|Other||LED notification (3 colours)|
|Apps: AVG, Office Suite, File Commander, App Toolbox|
|Ingress Protection (IP68 & IP69)||Sand, dust and dirt resistant|
|Waterproof||Up to 3M for 60 minutes|
|Drop Tested||Up to 1.8M (6 ft) onto concrete|
|MIL SPEC 810G||Thermal Shock: handles low to high temperature differences between -30°C (-22°F) to 65°C (149°F) for up to 24hrs**|
|Resistant to vibration||Category 4 Resistant to humidity and salt mist|
|Main||16MP autofocus with PDAF, Dual LED flash|
|Front||8MP fixed focus|
|Capacity||4500mAh, Quick charge 4.0 compatible|
|Type||Non-removable Lithium Ion|
|Standby & talk-time hours||35 hours talk-time, 37 days standby time†|
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41 (EU/ROW);
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 28, 29, 66 (Americas)
850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 (EU/ROW);
850, 900, A WS, 1900, 2100 (Americas);
|2G Bands||850, 900, 1800, 1900|
|NFC||Yes (Android Pay™)|
|Wi-Fi®||802.11 b/g/n (2.4 & 5GHz)|
|USB||USB Type C, USB-OTG|
|SIM Type||Nano SIM (dual and single SIM variants)|
|GPS||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou (variant dependant), Galileo, QZSS and SBAS + iZat|
|Notes||† Network bands in regions may be different, depending on the mobile operator and your location. Upload and download speeds also depend on the mobile operator. Available storage is less due to phone software. Battery times (talk time, standby time, and more) are based on 3G and are subject to network and phone usage. Note: Specifications are subject to change without prior notice|
|*We cannot guarantee that all gloves will work with this feature|
|**Various temperatures and time-cycles tested.|