The FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera (9Hz) is the entry model in FLIR’s range of Ex Wi-Fi Thermal Cameras. Like the other thermal cameras in this range, it is lightweight and robust and has been drop tested from 2m. This model varies with regard to its camera specifications, for further details regarding the differences between these models, please see the ‘Technical Specifications’ section at the bottom of this description.
The FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera has an IR resolution of 80 x 60 and a thermal sensitivity of <0.15°C. When used in MSX® mode the FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera has a resolution of 320 x 240. The FLIR E4’s sensitivity and resolutions, combined with its 9Hz frame rate and 45° x 34° field of view, make it ideal for quick safety checks and troubleshooting scans. It is suitable for inspecting buildings and mechanical and electrical equipment and may also be used to measure temperatures accurately, making it an ideal replacement for, or alternative to, IR thermometers.
As mentioned above, the FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera features an MSX® imaging mode. When used in this mode the FLIR E4 combines thermal and digital imaging in order to create a detailed thermal picture. This imaging mode is particularly useful for identifying faults both precisely and quickly.
Images captured by the FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera can be uploaded to a PC via USB transfer or Wi-Fi transfer. The FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera’s integrated Wi-Fi capability facilitates the wireless transfer of images, it also allows the camera to be connected to the user’s iOS or Android mobile device via the FLIR Tools app.
Once connected to the FLIR Tools app, the user is able to access, share, analyse and edit the images captured using the FLIR E4 Thermal Camera. He/she may also create reports using these images and both the images and reports may be shared with other workers via the app. This allows teams to make quick and informed, collaborative decisions, thereby improving the efficiency with which tasks may be completed.
The FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera has been optimised to be easy-to-use. To this end, it includes an automatic and focus-free operation system, as well as a single-button navigation interface. The simple-to-use navigation system allows the user to access on-screen settings; imaging modes, such as MSX®, and measurement tools quickly and easily. For further information regarding this thermal camera, please see the video below.
The FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera (9Hz) is a practical, durable, affordable and comprehensive thermal camera.
FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera (9Hz) Key Features
- Entry model in FLIR’s range of Ex cameras
- Robust – drop tested from 2m
- IR resolution: 80 x 60
- Thermal sensitivity: <0.15°C
- MSX® resolution: 320 x 240
- Frame rate: 9Hz
- FOV: 45° x 34°
- Ideal for safety checks and troubleshooting scans
- Suitable for inspecting buildings and mechanical and electrical equipment
- Measure temperature accurately
- Ideal replacement for, or alternative to, IR thermometers
- MSX® combines digital and thermal imaging to produce a detailed thermal picture
- MSX® imaging mode is ideal for locating faults precisely and quickly
- Share images via USB transfer
- Share images via Wi-Fi transfer
- Connect the camera to an iOS or Android device using the integrated Wi-Fi and the FLIR Tools app
- Access, share, analyse and edit captured images using the FLIR Tools app
- Create and share reports using the FLIR Tools app
- Automatic and focus-free operation system
- Single-button, simple-to-use navigation interface
- Access all on-screen settings, imaging modes and measurement tools via the single-button navigation system
- Practical, durable, affordable, comprehensive thermal camera
- FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera (9Hz)
- Hard Transport Case
- USB Cable
- Power Supply/ Charger
- Rechargeable Battery
- 2-Year Warranty on the Camera from FLIR
- 5-Year Warranty on the Batteries from FLIR
- 10-Year Warranty on the Detector from FLIR
Need more information? Find it in the full technical specification and reviews.
The FLIR E4 Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera (9Hz) has a thermal sensitivity of 30mK NETD. A lower mK value means a more accurate thermal camera.
FLIR EX Wi-Fi Thermal Imaging Camera Technical Specifications and Comparison Table
|FLIR E4||FLIR E5||FLIR E6||FLIR E8|
|Imaging and Optical Data|
|Infrared (IR) Resolution||80 x 60 pixels||120 x 90 pixels||160 x 120 pixels||320 x 240 pixels|
|MSX Resolution||320 x 240 pixels|
|Field of View||45 x 34°|
|Screen||3.0 inch, 320 x 240 pixel colour LCD|
|Image Modes||IR image, visual image, MSX, thumbnail gallery||IR image, visual image, MSX, picture-in-picture, thumbnail gallery|
|Multi Spectral Dynamic Imaging (MSX)||IR image with enhanced detail presentation|
|Picture-In-Picture||N/A||IR area on visual image|
|Temperature Range||-20 to 250°C (-4 to 482°F)|
|Accuracy||±2% or 2°C|
|Measurement Modes||Spot (center) mode||2 modes: 1 spot (center) and 1 area box (MIN/MAX)||3 modes: 1 spot (center), 1 area box (MIN/MAX), isotherm (above/below)|
|Alarm||N/A||N/A||Blue below or red above set temperature|
|Emissivity Correction||Variable from 0.1 to 1.0|
|Colour Palettes||Iron, Rainbow or Grey|
|Setup Commands||Local adaptation of units, language, date and time formats|
|Storage Capacity||Internal memory stores at least 500 sets of images|
|Storage Mode||Simultaneous storage of images in IR, visual and MSX|
|File Formats||Standard JPEG, 14-bit measurement data included|
|Battery Type/Operating Time||4 hours approx|
|Drop Test||2m (6.6ft)|
|Warranty||2-5-10 warranty - requires registration with FLIR
2 years parts and labour on camera
5 years coverage on battery
10 years coverage on the detector