FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module for Drones (30Hz)
The FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module is a visible-light and infrared imaging module designed for use with sUAS such as drones. This thermal and optical imaging camera is specifically designed for simplicity and performance. It is used aboard Teal Drone's Golden Eagle, a small unmanned aircraft system used by the US Army to locate individuals in low-visibility conditions.
Please see the video below for an introduction to the FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module.
Thermal & Visible-Light Imaging
The FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module can capture HD colour images and thermal images. It is equipped with a Boson thermal camera with a shutter and an IR resolution of 320x256px, and a 12MP RGB optical camera. The FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module has a frame rate of 30Hz.
Footage captured via the FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module’s infrared or optical channels can be viewed while the drone is in flight, making it easier for the user to conduct inspections and/or find persons in low-light or dark conditions. The FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module is equipped with a high-resolution output specifically designed for smaller class airframes.
The FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module also includes an integrated Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) which captures data regarding the unit’s movements.
Size, weight, power and cost (SWaP+C) optimisation maximises the FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module’s battery life, thereby extending its air time. Additionally, its low-profile design facilitates flexible positioning on the airframe/ drone.
Finally, the FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module is ready to use out of the box. It is a simple-to-use and high-performance infrared and visible-light imager optimised for use with sUAS. The FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module reduces engineering and exploratory costs.
FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module Key Features
- Dual visible-light and infrared imaging module optimised for simplicity and performance
- Designed to be used with sUAS such as drones
- Used aboard the US Army’s Teal Drones Golden Eagle to locate individuals in low-visibility conditions
- 12MP RGB optical camera
- Boson thermal camera with shutter
- IR resolution: 320x256px
- View HD colour images or thermal images while the module is in flight
- High-resolution output specifically designed for smaller class airframes
- Frame rate: 30Hz
- Integrated IMU
- SWaP+C optimised to maintain longer airtime and maximise the battery life
- A low-profile design facilitates flexible positioning on the airframe/ drone
- Ready to use out of the box
- An ergonomic, simple and high-performance visible-light and infrared imager
- Can be used to reduce engineering and exploratory costs
- FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module
FLIR Hadron RGB/ Thermal Module Technical Specifications
|Size||24 x 45 x 36mm|
|Electrical & Mechanical|
|Mechanical Interface||Screw mount to backplate|
|Environmental & Approvals|
|Operational & Storage Temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Tested EMI Performance||FCC part 15 Class B|
|Environmental Sealing||IP53 (with the rear interfaces sealed)|
|Imaging & Optical|
|IR Camera Sensor||Boson 320x256 pixels, 12mm pitch, USB video and CCI|
|IR Camera Optics||EFL 6.3mm, 34° HFOV, F/# 1.0|
|IR Camera Video||Full resolution @ 60Hz or 30Hz|
|EO Camera Sensor||Sony IMX412, 4056x3040 pixels, 1.55mm pitch, 4-lane MIPI|
|EO Camera Video||Full resolution @ 60Hz|
|IMU||ICM20602, I2C or SPI (selectable)|
|EO Camera Optics||Sunny SYD1201A, EFL 3.7mm, 80° HFOV, F/# 2.8|
|Power||5V supply voltage. Typical power dissipation < 1300mW, Max < 2820mW|
|Electrical Interface||Hadron connector: Hirose DF40C-50DP-0.4V(51) Example of mating connector: DF40HC(2.5)-50DS-0.4V(51)|