Get outdoors with the FLIR Scout III 240!
Compact, easy-to-use and extremely lightweight, this outdoor thermal camera is excellent for any outdoor application. Use it to see the body heat of animals regardless of whether its the day or night; use it to find members of your group when out camping or rambling, or simply use it to help you navigate through darkened woods.
The Scout III 240 is the next-generation version of the FLIR Scout II series. This version has improved frame rate of 30Hz, meaning that images refresh faster and you get a significantly improved viewing experienced compared to legacy FLIR Scout models.
Here's why you should be considering the FLIR Scout III 240 as part of your outdoor gear.
FLIR Scout III 240 Thermal Camera Key Features
- Thermal camera made for use in outdoor conditions
- Detect the body heat of a man-sized target (1.8 x 0.5m) at a distance of up to 380 yards/350m (range depends on conditions)
- Powerful built-in thermal detector with resolution of 240 x 180 pixels
- High speed 30Hz frame rate - ensures you get smooth, lifelike footage when viewing through the camera
- Never miss a thing - starts up in under 2 seconds!
- Freeze frame mode
- Extremely easy to use, even for beginners - all buttons are on the top of the camera, making it easy to adjust functions when viewing
- Adjustable colour palettes - choose between Black Hot, White Hot, InstAlert (highlights hottest part of the image red) and Graded Fire
- Built-in LED task light (operational when imager is powered off)
- Adjustable brightness levels
- 640 x 480 pixel display
- Video output jack
- Powered by internal rechargeable lithium ion batteries with life of more than five hours
- Automatically powers itself off when left idle for 5 minutes, ensuring battery life isn't accidentally drained
- Completely weathertight - the camera is IP67 rated and is even suitable for being submerged in water!
- Lightweight design - weighs just 12 ounces, making the camera comfortable to hold and operate using just one hand
- FLIR Scout III 240 Thermal Camera
- USB Power Adapter/Charger
- Wrist Strap
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Molle Carrying Bag
Upgrade to the Scout III 320 or Scout III 640
The FLIR Scout III 240 is the entry-level model in this series. If you're looking for something more powerful with expanded range, zoom functions and much more, consider upgrading instead to the two other available models, the Scout III 320 and 640!
This table outlines the difference between each camera in the FLIR Scout III series.
|Model Number||Scout III 240||Scout III 320||Scout III 640|
|Detect Man-Sized Target (1.8m x 0.5m)||350m (382 yards)||550m (601 yards)||1140m (1247 yards)|
|Detect Small Vessel (2.3m x 2.3m)||945m (1033 yards)||1550m (1695 yards)||3250m (3554 yards)|
|Field of View||24 x 18° NTSC||17 x 13° NTSC||18 x 14° NTSC|
|Startup Time||<1.5 seconds|
|Waveband||7.5 to 13.5μm|
|Detector Type||240 x 180 VOx microbolometer||336 x 256 VOX microbolometer||640 x 512 VOx microbolometer|
|Zoom Button||Freeze frame||2x zoom||2 and 4x zoom|
|Colour Palettes||Black hot, white hot, InstAlert and Graded Fire|
|Task Light/Pointer||LED torch|
Need more information? Find it in the full technical specification and reviews.
The FLIR Scout III 240 Outdoor, Hunting & Wildlife Thermal Camera (30Hz) image resolution is 240 x 180 pixels. Every additional pixel means more valuable temperature information to isolate problem areas
The FLIR Scout III 240 Outdoor, Hunting & Wildlife Thermal Camera (30Hz) has a thermal sensitivity of 50mK NETD. A lower mK value means a more accurate thermal camera.
Video streaming/recording is available on this camera. Please check the full FLIR Scout III 240 Outdoor, Hunting & Wildlife Thermal Camera (30Hz) specification for what type of video recording/streaming is available.
Why not leave a review for the FLIR Scout III 240 Outdoor, Hunting & Wildlife Thermal Camera (30Hz)?Great quality reviews both help out fellow customers and help us to improve the service we give to you, so we'd really appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts on this item.
Long term video capture
Review by Howizowi
I enjoyed the info on the FLIR Scout 11 240. I was wanting to know more about Thermal Imaging video capture, and how long I could enjoy a video in Thermal Imaging. The longer the video capability the better, and quality is important. (Posted on 14 March 2019)