The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera – Choice of Lens is available in three models each with a different size lens and subsequently a different field of view (FOV). For further information regarding these models, please see the table below.
|Product Code||Product Name||Lens Size||FOV|
|436-0016-00S||FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera, 9mm, 69 x 56 FOV||9mm||69º x 56º|
|436-0017-00S||FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera, 13mm, 45 x 37 FOV||13mm||45º x 37º|
|436-0018-00S||FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera, 19mm, 32 x 26 FOV||19mm||32º x 26º|
*Please note 30Hz versions of these cameras are available here.
For a quick introduction to these cameras, please see the video below.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera has been optimised for use with small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS), such as drones. It is able to function as a thermal camera, thermal measurement instrument and data recorder, making it ideal for the following applications:
- Search and rescue
- Precision agriculture
- Roof inspections
- Powerline inspections
- Substation inspections
- Cell tower inspections
It is also particularly well suited to helping teams make informed decisions based upon thermal data, images and footage gathered by the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera and compatible, small UAVs.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera features a resolution of 640 x 512 and is able to capture 14-bit still images and 8-bit digital footage in MJPEG and H.264 file formats. The camera will save captured media to the onboard, removable micro-SD card, ensuring that this data is retained should the camera suffer a transmission failure. Media can be viewed on and downloaded to a PC via plugging the micro-SD card or FLIR camera into a computer.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera also includes a number of integrated features and components which work to improve the ease with which the camera can be operated. For instance, it includes a power-in/ video-out 10-pin mini-USB which enables easy integration and provides access to analogue video for downlinking.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera also includes a built-in, low-power Bluetooth module which allows the user to configure the camera before take-off using FLIR’s custom iOS and Android apps. Using these apps the operator can select his/her desired colour palette, set the image adjustment features and tailor the PWM inputs according to his/her requirements, as well as initiate recording.
When using PWM commands the user is able to operate up to four camera controls. However, when the camera is used with the MAVLink feature, the user can operate two camera controls. Furthermore, when used with the MAVLink feature and operated via MAVLink commands (using a radio controller), the user is able to select colour palettes, start and stop recording and activate the e-zoom feature whilst the camera is airborne.
As indicated above, the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera can be used for mapping, surveying and precision agriculture applications. The MAVLink function facilitates this, as when the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is connected to the MAVLink system (or any other compatible flight control system) it will include the aircraft’s geolocation and flight data with each captured image; this adds to the ease of image-stitching. Further to this, the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is compatible with Pix4Dmapper software which is designed to develop maps from aerial images captured by drones.
This cost-effective, versatile camera features field-upgradability which ensures that it always equipped with the latest features. Therefore the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is ideal for a multitude of applications ranging from search and rescue to mapping.
FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera – Choice of Lens Key Features
- Available in three models with varying lens sizes and FOVs
- Optimised for use with drones and other sUAS
- Functions as a thermal camera, thermal measurement instrument and data recorder
- Suitable for search and rescue, precision agriculture, roof inspection, powerline inspection, substation inspection, cell tower inspection, security, surveying and mapping applications
- Ideal for helping teams make informed decisions based upon aerial thermal data, images and videos
- 640 x 512 resolution
- Captures 14-bit still images
- Captures 8-bit digital videos in MJPEG and H.264 file formats
- Saves captured media to an onboard, removable micro-SD card
- Plug micro-SD card or camera into a PC to view/ download media
- Power-in/ video-out 10-pin mini-USB which enables easy integration and access to analogue video for downlinking
- Built-in, low-power Bluetooth module
- Bluetooth module allows the user to configure the camera before take-off using FLIR’s custom iOS and Android apps
- Apps allow the user to select colour palettes, set image adjustment features, tailor PWM inputs and begin recording
- Using PWM inputs the user can operate up to four camera controls
- When the camera is used with the MAVLink feature the user can operate two camera controls
- MAVLink allows the user to select colour palettes, begin and end recording and engage the e-zoom function whilst the camera is in flight (via radio controller)
- MAVLink includes the aircraft’s geo-location and flight data with each captured image, making image-stitching easy
- This is also possible by connecting the camera to other flight control systems
- Compatible with Pix4Dmapper
- Field-upgradability ensures that the camera is always equipped with the latest features
- Your Choice of FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera – Choice of Lens
Need more information? Find it in the full technical specification and reviews.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera – Choice of Lens has a thermal sensitivity of 30mK NETD. A lower mK value means a more accurate thermal camera.
FLIR Vue Pro Thermal Imaging Camera Technical Specifications and Comparison Table
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is part FLIR's Vue Pro range. Please find below the technical specifications for all the models in this range.
|Thermal Imager||Uncooled VOx Microbolometer|
|Camera model||Vue Pro 640||Vue Pro 336|
(FOV for Full-Sensor Digital Output)
|9 mm; 69° x 56°||6.8 mm; 44° x 36°|
|13 mm; 45° x 37°||9 mm; 35° x 27°|
|19 mm; 32° x 26°||13 mm; 25° x 19°|
(FOV for NTSC Analog Output)*
|9 mm; 62° x 49°||6.8 mm; 44° x 33°|
|13 mm; 45° x 35°||9 mm; 34° x 26°|
|19 mm; 32° x 24°||13 mm; 24° x 18°|
|Spectral Band||7.5 - 13.5 μm|
|Full Frame Rates||30 Hz (NTSC); 25 Hz (PAL)|
|Exportable Frame Rates||7.5 Hz (NTSC); 8.3 Hz (PAL)|
|Size||2.26" x 1.75" (57.4 x 44.4 mm) (including lens)|
|Weight||3.25-4 oz (92.1 – 113.4 g) (configuration dependent)|
|Precision Mounting Holes||Two M2x0.4 on each of two sides & bottom
One 1/4-20 threaded hole on top
|Image Processing & Display Controls|
|Image Optimization for sUAS||Yes|
|Scene Presets & Image Processing?||Yes - Adjustable in App|
|Invertable Image?||Yes - Adjustable in App|
|Colour Palettes||Yes - Adjustable in App and via PWM|
|Zoom||Yes - Adjustable in App and via PWM|
|Input Voltage||4.8 - 6.0 VDC|
|Power Dissipation (peak)||2.1 W (3.9 W)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20°C to +50°C|
|Non-Operating Temperature Range||-55°C to +95°C|
|Operational Altitude||+40,000 feet|
|* Because the analog video output resolutions (640 × 480 and 320 × 240, respectively) are less than the full sensor resolution captured when saving digital stills and video, their resultant fields of view are slightly smaller as well. Both sets of values are shown here to allow operators the option of choosing the FOVs that most accurately reflect their pre-flight planning requirements.