The Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera – 9Hz is ideal for those conducting maintenance and installation applications within trade and industry. It is optimised for taking error-free and objectively comparable thermal images as well as conducting temperature measurements.
To this end, it is able to detect temperatures between -30°C and +100°C and 0°C and 650°C and is capable of indicating temperature differences as slight as 0.10°C. The Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera has an infrared resolution of 160 x 120 pixels and is, therefore, able to measure temperature over a total of 19200 temperature measuring points. The resolution of the Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera is improved to 320 x 240 pixels when it is used in conjunction with its integrated SuperResolution technology.
Furthermore, the Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera includes a number of functions optimised to improve the accuracy and reliability of its measurements. For instance, its IFOV warner indicates the measurement spot on the camera’s display, ensuring that the user is aware of exactly what it is that can be measured, thereby minimising the possibility of measurement mistakes.
In addition to this, the Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera will automatically display critical temperatures and identify hot and cold spots. Moreover, its ɛ-Assist function will automatically determine and set emissivity and reflected temperature, whilst its ScaleAssist function allows the user to determine the scale of the thermal image. Again these functions work to improve the accuracy and comparability of both the thermal images and temperature measurements.
In addition to this, the Testo 868's integrated digital camera captures ‘real’ images in parallel to thermal images, thereby allowing the user to verify IR photos.
All stills can be saved as JPEGs or may be sent wirelessly to the user’s smartphone or tablet via the WLAN radio module and free Testo Thermography app. Once sent, images can be arranged into reports which may be saved to an online location and/or sent to colleagues and customers. Another advantage of this app and the Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera’s wireless capabilities is that the thermal camera may be operated remotely with the user’s smartphone or tablet serving as a second display.
Alternatively, the user may download saved images to his/her PC to be evaluated using the included Pro software.
In addition to the Pro software, the Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera is supplied with a case, ensuring that the user is able to transport the camera safely and easily between worksites.
This selection of features and capabilities along with the Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera’s 31° x 23° field of view make it ideal for detecting leaks, identifying overheating components and locating structural defects as well as pinpointing thermal bridges.
Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera – 9Hz Key Features
- Ideal for users conducting maintenance and installation applications within trade and industry
- Optimised for taking error-free, objectively comparable thermal images and conducting accurate temperature measurements
- Detects temperatures between -30°C and +100°C and 0°C and 650°C
- Capable of indicating temperature differences as slight as 0.10°C
- Infrared resolution of 160 x 120 pixels
- Total of 19200 temperature measuring points
- Resolution is improved to 320 x 240 pixels when used with Testo’s SuperResolution technology
- IFOV warner indicates the measurement spot on the camera’s display
- Automatically displays critical temperatures
- Identifies hot and cold spots
- The ɛ-Assist function will automatically determine and set emissivity and reflected temperature
- Testo ScaleAssist function allows the user to determine the scale of the thermal image
- An integrated digital camera takes ‘real’ images in parallel to thermal images
- Stills can be saved as JPEGs
- Wirelessly connect to a smartphone or tablet via the WLAN radio module and free Testo Thermography app
- Use the Testo Thermography app to arrange images into reports which may be sent to relevant persons and/or saved to an online file
- Operate the camera remotely via the app, using a smartphone or tablet as a second display
- Evaluate images on a PC using the Pro Software
- Supplied with a case
- FOV 31° x 23°
- Ideal for detecting leaks
- Suitable for identifying overheating components
- Can be used to locate structural defects and pinpoint thermal bridges
- Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera – 9Hz
- Radio Module for WLAN
- USB Cable
- Mains Unit
- Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery
- Pro Software IRSoft (Free Download)
- 3x Testo ɛ-Markers
- Commissioning Instructions
- Short Instructions
- Calibration Protocol
Need more information? Find it in the full technical specification and reviews.
The Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera – 9Hz has a thermal sensitivity of 30mK NETD. A lower mK value means a more accurate thermal camera.
Testo 868 Thermal Imaging Camera – 9Hz Technical Specifications
|Infrared Image Output|
|Infrared resolution||160 x 120 pixels|
|Image refresh rate||9 Hz|
|SuperResolution (IFOV)||2.1 mrad|
|SuperResolution (Pixel)||320 x 240 pixels|
|Geometric resolution (IFOV)||3.4 mrad|
|Minimum focus distance||<0.5 m|
|Field of view||31° x 23°|
|Thermal sensitivity||100 mK|
|Spectral range||7.5 to 14 µm|
|Image Pitput Visual|
|Image size||at least 3.1 MP|
|Minimum focus distance||0.5 m|
|Display type||8.9 cm (3.5") TFT, QVGA (320 x 240 pixels)|
|Display option||IR image / real image|
|Colours||4 (iron, rainbow, cold-hot, grey)|
|Measuring range||-30 to +100° C; 0 to +650° C|
|Accuracy||±2 °C, ±2 % of mv|
|Emissivity||0.01 to 1|
|Analysis function||Mean point measurement, hot/cold-spot recognition, Delta T|
|Full screen mode||Included|
|Video streaming||via wireless LAN with testo Thermography App|
|Standard lens||31° x 23°|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Micro B|
|WLAN Connectivity||Communication with the testo Thermography App; wireless module WLAN (EU, EFTA, USA, AUS, CDN, TR)|
|File format image||.bmt; export option in .bmp; .png; .csv; .xls; .jpg|
|Storage device||Internal Memory (2.8 GB)|
|Battery type||Fast-charging, Li-ion battery can be changed on-site|
|Operating time||4 h|
|Charging options||In instrument / charger (optional)|
|Air humidity||20 to 80 %RH non-condensing|
|Housing protection class||IP54|
|Storage temperature||-30 to +60 °C|
|Operating temperature||-15 to +50 °C|
|Housing||PC - ABS|
|Dimensions||219 x 96 x 95 mm|
|System requirements||Windows 10; Windows 8; Windows 7|
|Standards, Tests, Warranty|
|EU-/EG-guidelines||EMC: 2014/30/EU; RED: 2014/53/EU|