Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Camera - Choice of Frame Rate
The Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras are effective troubleshooting and predictive maintenance tools. They can be used to identify potential problems, such as overheating components, before they become critical. As a result, the downtime and expense required to address these problems is significantly reduced.
These rugged, pistol-shaped infrared imagers are available in two versions with different frame rates:
- 4947326 - Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Camera – 60Hz
- 4947332 - Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Camera – 9Hz
Please see the video below for a quick introduction to these cameras.
The pistol-shaped design of the Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras means that they can be operated using a single hand. The thermographer is able to access all the necessary features, functions and settings via the intuitive, touchscreen, 3.5-inch (landscape), LCD display.
The rugged construction of these cameras also makes them suitable for use on a variety of industrial environments.
Thermal Imaging Technology
Aside from different frame rates, the Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras are the same. Both are equipped with an IR resolution of 640 x 480-pixels, a temperature range of -20°C to +1000°C and temperature measurement accuracy of ±2°C/ 2%. The high sensitivity of these cameras means that they are able to detect slight temperature differences.
Additionally, these cameras both have a field-of-view of 34° (H) x 24° (V) and a minimum focus distance of 15cm. They are supplied with a standard IR lens constructed from diamond-turned germanium with speciality coatings in order to equip the cameras with the best optics for transmitting energy to produce high-quality IR images.
Fluke Infrared Smart Lenses (OPTIONAL)
The Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras are compatible with a variety of Fluke’s Infrared Smart Lenses (NOT included), including macro, telephoto and wide-angle lenses. These optics can be used interchangeably as they are automatically recognised by the Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras and so do not require calibration on attachment.
These optional lenses improve the versatility and flexibility of the Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras as they can be connected to the IR imagers in order to adapt them for the purpose of capturing small and large targets.
LaserSharp™ Auto Focus
Also working to ensure that specified targets are captured in the greatest possible clarity is the Fluke Ti480 Pro Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras’ integrated laser distance meter and LaserSharp™ Auto Focus feature.
The Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras utilise their built-in laser distance meters to calculate the distance to the specified target. This measurement is indicated on the Fluke Ti480 Pro Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras’ displays and their focuses are automatically adjusted to accommodate this distance, thereby ensuring the specified target is clearly captured. Please see the video below for further information.
This feature also ensures that targets are captured clearly. It is particularly useful when investigating objects of varying distances from the IR imagers and ensures that images are in-focus throughout the Fluke Ti480 Pro Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras’ fields-of-view.
When the MultiSharp™ Focus is engaged the Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras will capture multiple images and then combine them to produce a single image in which all targets are clear and in-focus. The MultiSharp™ Focus can be used even when targets are blurry.
This function is at its most effective when used with the Fluke Ti480 Pro Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras’ SuperResolution (up to 4x the pixel data) and the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software (available for free download from Fluke). When used together, these functions and software can produce an IR image with a resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels.
Edit and Analyse IR Images
The Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras are equipped with a number of features that enable the user to edit and analyse thermal images on the camera, in the field, and in real-time.
In addition to IR-Fusion™ blending technology (see below), the Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras include a range of colour palettes, colour alarms and markers, allowing the thermographer to see the details most relevant to the application.
The Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras include improved colour differentiation and a greater array of greens and yellows, allowing the operator to see heat differences more clearly and obviously. The Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras is equipped with the following colour palettes in both standard and ultra-contrast versions:
- High Contrast
- Amber Inverted
- Hot Metal
- Grayscale Inverted
Additionally, via the application of rectangular markers and Delta-T markers the thermographer can determine various temperature measurements. For instance, the application of multiple rectangular boxes allows the user to determine the minimum, maximum and average temperatures present in several areas on the image.
Delta-T markers can be used to visualise and quantify temperature differences. One Delta-T marker is selected to serve as the standard temperature against which all other temperatures are compared. Temperatures present at the other Delta-T markers will be indicated as differences in relation to the specified standard temperature/ Delta-T.
IR-Fusion™ Blending Technology
Fluke’s patented IR-Fusion™ blending technology allows the user to create detailed thermal images by combining IR images with visible-light images (captured using the integrated 5MP camera) to varying degrees.
Captured and edited thermal pictures can be stored on the supplied 4GB microSD card. Using the Fluke Ti480 Pro Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras’ IR-PhotoNotes™ function, these images can be saved with notes and voice annotations.
Fluke Connect Compatibility
In addition to saving images to the supplied 4GB microSD cards, the user is able to stream IR footage to a PC with Fluke's Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software installed (available for free download from Fluke). Moreover, using this software program the user can organise IR images and data according to their corresponding pieces of equipment. He/she can also use the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software to operate the camera remotely.
Furthermore, as the Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras are Fluke Connect-enabled, the user is able to send images and data to a smartphone or tablet with the Fluke Connect App installed. This app can be used to analyse, edit and organise images and data into customisable reports to be exported via email. Wirelessly synced images can also be attached to asset records. Additionally, the user can upload data and images to the Fluke Cloud. Please see the video below for a quick introduction to this app.
The Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras are versatile, precise and reliable IR imagers suitable for inspecting a variety of electrical and mechanical systems.
Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Cameras Key Features
- Effective troubleshooting and preventative maintenance tools
- Identify potential problems before they become critical
- Reduce downtime and expense
- Rugged, pistol-shaped design
- Available in two models with different frame rates
- Can be operated using a single hand
- Intuitive, touchscreen, 3.5-inch, LCD display
- Suitable for use in industrial environments
- IR resolution: 640 x 480-pixels
- Temperature range: -20°C to +1000°C
- Accuracy: ±2°C/ 2%
- High-sensitivity for detecting slight temperature differences
- FOV: 34° (H) x 24° (V)
- Minimum focus distance: 15cm
- Supplied with a standard IR lens constructed from diamond-turned germanium with speciality coatings
- The standard IR lens provides the best optics for transmitting energy to create high-quality IR images
- Compatible with a variety of Fluke’s Infrared Smart Lenses (NOT included), such as macro, telephoto and wide-angle lenses
- Adapt the cameras to capture small and large targets using Fluke’s Smart Lenses
- Smart Lenses are automatically recognised and so do not require calibration on attachment
- Fluke Infrared Smart Lenses can be used interchangeably
- LaserSharp™ Auto Focus: utilises a built-in laser distance meter to calculate and display the distance to the target, then automatically adjusts the focus accordingly
- MultiSharp™ Focus: ensures that images containing targets of varying distances away from the camera are in-focus throughout the FOV
- MultiSharp™ Focus captures multiple images which are then combined to create a clear, in-focus image
- The MultiSharp™ Focus is at its most effective when used with SuperResolution and the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software to create a 1280 x 960-pixel IR images
- Edit and analyse images on the camera
- Alter the image emissivity
- Improved colour differentiation and a greater array of greens and yellows allows the user to see temperature differences more clearly and obviously
- Nine colour palettes in standard and ultra-contrast versions: Rainbow, Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale and Grayscale Inverted
- Add multiple rectangular boxes to the IR image to determine the min, max and average temperature for various areas
- Apply Delta-T markers to see and quantify temperature differences: one Delta-T serves as the standard temperature against which the temperatures at the other Delta-T markers are compared
- IR-Fusion™ blending technology: combines IR images with visible-light images to varying degrees in order to create detailed thermal pictures
- 5MP visible-light camera
- Save images to the supplied 4GB microSD card
- IR-PhotoNotes™ function allows the user to save images with notes and voice annotations
- Stream IR footage to a PC with the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software downloaded
- Organise data and images in accordance with the corresponding asset using this software
- Operate the cameras remotely using the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software
- The Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software is available for free download from Fluke
- Fluke Connect enabled
- Send IR photos and data to a smartphone or tablet with the Fluke Connect App installed
- Edit, analyse and organise data into customisable reports using the Fluke Connect App
- Attach IR images and data to corresponding asset records using the Fluke Connect App
- Upload images and data to the Fluke Cloud
- Versatile, precise and reliable infrared imagers
- Suitable for inspecting a variety of electrical and mechanical systems
- Your Choice of Fluke Ti480 PRO Handheld Thermal Imaging Camera
- AC Power Supply and Battery Pack Charger (including AC Adapters)
- Two, Rugged Lithium-ion Smart Battery Packs
- USB Cable
- HDMI Video Cable
- 4 GB microSD Card
- Rugged, Hard Carrying Case
- Soft Transport Bag
- Adjustable Hand Strap
Please note that the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software and User Manual are available for free download from Fluke.
Files & Downloads:
- Fluke Ti PRO Thermal Imaging Cameras - Statement of Memory Volatility
- Fluke Ti PRO Thermal Imaging Camera - Application Note
- Fluke Ti PRO Thermal Imaging Cameras - User Manual (2)
- Fluke Ti PRO and TiX Thermal Imaging Cameras - Safety Information
- Fluke Ti PRO Thermal Imaging Cameras - Quick Start Guide
- Fluke Ti Pro and TiX Thermal Imaging Cameras - Datasheet
Fluke Ti PRO and TiX Thermal Imaging Cameras Technical Specifications
The table below details the technical specifications for all the models in this range of Fluke thermal imaging cameras.
|Specifications||Ti401 PRO||Ti480 Pro||TiX501||TiX580|
|Infrared resolution||640 x 480 (307,200 pixels)|
|SuperResolution||No||Yes, in software. Captures and combines 4x the data to create a 1280 x 960 image||No||Yes, in software. Captures and combines 4x the data to create a 1280 x 960 image|
|IFOV with standard lens (spatial resolution)||0.93 mRad, D:S 1065:1|
|Field of view||34 °H x 24 °V|
|Minimum focus distance||15 cm (approx. 6 in)|
|MultiSharp Focus||No||Yes, focused near and far, throughout the field of view||No||Yes, focused near and far, throughout the field of view|
|LaserSharp Auto Focus||Yes, for consistently in-focus images. Every. Single. Time|
|Laser distance meter||Yes, calculates distance to the target for precisely focused images and displays distance on screen|
|Advanced manual focus||Yes|
|Wireless connectivity||Yes, to PC, iPhone® and iPad® (iOS 4s and later), Android™ 4.3 and up, and WiFi to LAN (where available)|
|Fluke Connect app compatible||Yes*, connect your camera to your smartphone, and images taken automatically upload to the Fluke Connect app for saving and sharing|
|Fluke Connect Assets||Through the desktop, assign images to assets, easily compare measurement types in one location and create reports.||Future**, Automatically assign images to assets, easily compare measurement types in one location and create reports through a cloud-based system.|
|Fluke Connect instant cloud upload||Yes*, connect your camera to your building’s WiFi network, and images taken automatically upload to the Fluke Connect system for viewing on your smartphone or PC|
|Fluke Connect instant server upload||Yes**||Yes**||Yes**||Yes**|
|IR-Fusion technology||Yes, adds the context of the visible details to your infrared image|
|Ruggedized touchscreen display||3.5 inch (landscape), 640 x 480 LCD||5.7 inch (14.4 cm) landscape 640 x 480 LCD|
|Ergonomic design||Pistol-grip design for one-handed use||240 ° rotatable (articulating) lens|
|Thermal sensitivity (NETD)**||≤ 0.075 °C at 30 °C target temp (75 mK)||≤ 0.05 °C at 30 °C target temp (50 mK)||≤ 0.075 °C at 30 °C target temp (75 mK)||≤ 0.05 °C at 30 °C target temp (50 mK)|
|Level and span||Smooth auto and manual scaling|
|Touchscreen adjustable level/span||Yes. Span and level can be easily and quickly set by simply touching the screen|
|Fast auto toggle between manual and auto modes||Yes|
|Fast auto-rescale in manual mode||Yes|
|Minimum span (in manual mode||2.0 °C (3.6 °F)|
|Minimum span (in auto mode)||3.0 °C (5.4 °F)|
|Built-in digital camera (visible light)||5MP|
|Frame rate||60 Hz or 9 Hz versions|
|LED light (torch)||Yes|
|Digital Zoom||No||2x and 4x||2x||2x, 4x, 8x|
|Data Storage and Image Capture|
|Extensive memory options||Removable 4 GB micro SD memory card, 4 GB internal flash memory, save to USB flash drive capability, upload for permanent storage|
|Image capture, review, save mechanism||One-handed image capture, review, and save capability||Yes, edit and analyze captured images on camera|
|Image file formats||bmp, jpeg, is2||bmp, jpeg, is2, is3, AVI||bmp, jpeg, is2, is3, AVI||bmp, jpeg, is2, is3, AVI|
|Memory review||Thumbnail and full screen review|
|Software||Full analysis and reporting software with access to the Fluke Connect system|
|Analyze and store radiometric data on a PC||Yes|
|Export file formats with Fluke Connect software||Bitmap (.bmp), GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF|
|Voice annotation||60 seconds maximum recording time per image; reviewable playback on camera, optional Bluetooth headset available but not required|
|IR-PhotoNotes||Yes - 2 images||Yes - 5 images||Yes - 2 images||Yes - 5 images|
|Text annotations||Yes. Including standard shortcuts as well as user programmable options|
|Video recording and formats||No||Standard and radiometric||Standard||Standard and radiometric|
|Remote control operations||Remote display through Fluke Connect||Remote display and control operation through Fluke Connect||Remote display through Fluke Connect||Remote display and control operation through Fluke Connect|
|Auto capture (temperature and interval)||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|MATLAB® and LabVIEW® tool boxes||-||Integrate camera data, infrared video and images into software to support R&D analysis|
|Batteries (field-replaceable, rechargeable)||Two lithium ion smart battery packs with five-segment LED display to show charge level|
|Battery life||2-3 hours per battery (actual life varies depending on settings and usage)|
|Battery charging time||2.5 hours to full charge|
|Battery charging system||Two-bay battery charger or in-imager charging. Optional 12 V automotive charging adapter|
|AC operation||AC operation with included power supply (100 V AC to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz)|
|Power saving||User selectable sleep and power off modes|
|Temperature measurement range (not calibrated below -10 °C)||-20 °C to +650 °C (-4 °F to +1,202 °F)||-20 °C to +1,000 °C (-4 °F to 1,832 °F)||-20 °C to +650 °C (-4 °F to +1,202 °F)||-20 °C to +1,000 °C (-4 °F to 1,832 °F)|
|Accuracy||± 2 °C or 2 % (at 25 °C nominal, whichever is greater)|
|On-screen emissivity correction||Yes (both value and table)|
|On-screen reflected background temperature compensation||Yes|
|On-screen transmission correction||Yes|
|Line temperature graph||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Standard palettes||9: Rainbow, Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale, Grayscale Inverted||8: Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale, Grayscale Inverted|
|Ultra Contrast palettes||9: Rainbow, Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale, Grayscale Inverted||8: Ironbow Ultra, Blue-Red Ultra, High Contrast Ultra, Amber Ultra, Amber Inverted Ultra, Hot Metal Ultra, Grayscale Ultra, Grayscale Inverted Ultra|
|Macro–25 micron lens: 25 MAC2||Yes|
|2 x telephoto lens: TELE 2||Yes|
|4 x telephoto lens: TELE4||Yes|
|Wide angle lens: WIDE 2||Yes|
|Color alarms (temperature alarms)||High temperature, low temperature, and isotherms (within range)|
|Infrared spectral band||7.5 μm to 14 μm (long wave)|
|Operating Temperature||-10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to +50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F) without batteries|
|Relative humidity||10 % to 95 % non-condensing|
|Center-point temperature measurement||Yes|
|Spot temperature||Hot and cold spot markers||Hot and cold spot markers, individually enabled|
|User-definable spot markers||No||3 user-definable spot markers||2 user-definable spot markers||3 user-definable spot markers|
|User-defined measurement boxes||1 expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display||Up to 3 expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display||1 expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display||3-Expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display|
|Hard Case||Rugged, hard carrying case; soft transport bag||Rugged, IP67 rated, airtight hardcase with custom foam insert|
|Safety||IEC 61010-1: Overvoltage category II, Pollution Degree 2|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||IEC 61326-1: Basic EM environment. CISPR 11: Group 1, Class A|
|Australian RCM||IEC 61326-1|
|US FCC||CFR 47, Part 15 Subpart B|
|Vibration||0.03 g2/Hz (3.8 g), 2.5 g IEC 60068-2-6|
|Shock||25 g, IEC 68-2-29|
|Drop||Engineered to withstand 2 meter (6.5 feet) drop with standard lens||Engineered to withstand 1 meter (3.3 feet) drop with standard lens|
|Size (H x W x L)||27.7 cm x 12.2 cm x 16.7 cm (10.9 in x 4.8 in x 6.5 in)||27.3 cm x 15.9 cm x 9.7 cm (10.8 in x 6.3 in x 3.8 in)|
|Weight (battery included)||1.04 kg (2.3 lb||1.54 kg (3.4 lb)|
|Enclosure rating||IEC 60529: IP54 (protected against dust, limited ingress; protection against water spray from all directions)|
|Warranty||Two-years (standard), extended warranties are available|
|Recommended calibration cycle||Two-years (assumes normal operation and normal aging)|
|Supported languages||Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish|
Please Note: Fluke Connect analysis and reporting software is available in all countries but Fluke Connect is not. Please check availability with your authorized Fluke distributor
**Indicates Fluke Connect™ features that will be available soon. Watch the Fluke website for software and firmware updates.