Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras
The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras are equipped with sophisticated thermal technology and a flexible design ensuring that they can be used to efficiently and effectively identify faults in difficult-to-reach mechanical and electrical apparatus. Identifying these faults, for instance overheating or failing components, enables the maintenance team to affect the necessary repairs before the problem becomes critical; thereby reducing downtime and associated repair costs.
The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras are available in two models with different frame rates:
- 4842073 - Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Camera – 60 Hz
- 4841945 - Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Camera – 9 Hz
Thermal Imaging Technology
Aside from different frame rates, the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras are the same. They both feature an IR resolution of 640 x 480-pixels and are supplied with a standard IR lens constructed from diamond-turned germanium with speciality coatings. These lenses provide the cameras with the best optics for transmitting energy in order to create high-quality thermal images.
In addition to this, these imagers are equipped with a high thermal sensitivity allowing them to detect and display subtle temperature differences. The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras have a temperature measurement accuracy of ±2°C/ 2% and a measurement range of -20°C to +1000°C.
LaserSharp™ Auto Focus
The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras have been designed to capture clear, crisp IR images of targets located at various distances from the optic. They have a minimum focus distance of 15cm and are equipped with a laser distance meter to ensure crisp focus. The laser distance meter calculates the distance of the object-under-investigation from the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Camera; this value is then indicated on the camera’s display and the focus is adjusted accordingly. As a result, the specified target is always captured in the greatest clarity. Please see the video below for further details.
Also working to ensure sharp thermal pictures is the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras’ MultiSharp™ Focus function. By capturing multiple pictures and combining these IR images to create a single, sharp thermal image, all to the specified targets throughout the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras’ 34° (H) x 24° (V) field-of-view are captured in the greatest clarity.
This function can be used even when targets are blurry and is at its most effective when used in conjunction with the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software’s SuperResolution function which offers 4x the pixel data. When used with SuperResolution, the user is able to view images with an IR resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels.
Fluke Infrared Smart Lenses (OPTIONAL)
Fluke Infrared Smart Lenses (NOT included) can be used to capture clear images of different sized targets at various distances from the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras and in a range of environmental conditions.
The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras are compatible with the wide-angle, 2x and 4x telephoto Infrared Smart Lenses. These optics are recognised by the cameras on connection and so do not require calibration, allowing them to be used interchangeably.
Flexibility, adaptability and versatility are at the forefront of the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras’ designs. Their lenses can be rotated up to 240°, allowing them to capture images of awkwardly located targets.
Additionally, their 5.7” (landscape), LCD displays can be rotated. This proves particularly useful when using the camera outside as the user is able to accommodate for glare, ensuring that he/she is always able to view IR media clearly.
In addition to accommodating challenging environmental conditions and difficult-to-access targets, rotatability allows the thermographer to adapt the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras for user comfort. The supplied hand and neck strap also ensure that these instruments can be used comfortably over prolonged periods of time.
These rugged Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras also feature an intuitive touchscreen interface, improving the ease with which the user is able to access the required features, functions and settings.
Edit and Analyse Thermal Images
A comprehensive selection of features, functions and settings, accessible via the touchscreen interface, allows the user to edit and analyse thermal images in real-time, in the field, and on the camera.
The thermographer can utilise the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras’ continuous level and span and image sharpening functions, as well as the filter mode to improve image sharpness. He/she can also alter the image’s emissivity and colour palette. The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras features the following eight colour palettes in standard and ultra-contrast versions:
- High Contrast
- Amber Inverted
- Hot Metal
- Grayscale Inverted
In addition to this, the user can apply colour alarms to ensure that the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras alert him/her to any temperatures which breach the pre-set norm.
Moreover, the application of rectangular markers allows the user to determine the minimum, maximum and average temperatures for a particular area of the image. The user can also attach voice annotations and notes to IR images using the IR-PhotoNotes™ function.
IR-Fusion™ Blending Technology
The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras include Fluke’s patented IR-Fusion™ blending technology and a 5MP digital camera. Subsequently, he/she can combine IR images with visible-light images to varying degrees in order to create detailed thermal pictures.
Thermal media can be saved to the supplied 4GB microSD card.
Fluke Connect Compatibility
Like many of Fluke’s products, the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras are Fluke Connect enabled. The can be used in conjunction with a smartphone or tablet with the Fluke Connect App downloaded. These cameras will wirelessly sync measurement data and thermal media to the Fluke Connect App; once received this information can be attached to relevant asset records and/or can be analysed, edited and organised into customisable reports which may be exported to relevant persons via email. Please see the following video for a quick introduction to the Fluke Connect App.
These thermal imaging cameras can also be used with Fluke’s Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software (available as a free download from Fluke). Similarly, this software program can be used to create reports and organise data and thermal media in accordance with their corresponding assets. It is also possible to conduct trend analysis using the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software.
In addition to the above, the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software can be used to operate the Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras remotely and view thermal footage streamed to the PC from the IR imager, allowing the thermographer to monitor processes remotely.
The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras are also compatible with Fluke’s MATLAB® and LabVIEW® software programs (NOT included) optimised for research and development applications.
The Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras are ergonomic, efficient and effective high-definition infrared imagers designed to capture sharp, detailed thermal images and precise temperature measurements for troubleshooting and predictive maintenance applications.
Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras Key Features
- Equipped with sophisticated thermal technology and a flexible design
- Efficiently and effectively identify faults
- Capture IR images of difficult-to-reach mechanical apparatus
- Reduce downtime and associated costs
- Available in two models with either a 9Hz or 60Hz frame rate
- IR resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Supplied with a standard IR lens constructed from diamond-turned germanium with speciality coatings
- The standard IR lens provides the best optics for transmitting energy to create high-quality thermal images
- High thermal sensitivity for detecting and displaying subtle temperature differences
- Temperature range: -20°C to +1000°C
- Accuracy: ±2°C/ 2%
- LaserSharp™ Auto Focus: utilises a built-in laser distance meter to calculate and display the distance to the target, then automatically adjusts the focus accordingly
- MultiSharp™ Focus reduces the possibility of misdiagnosis by ensuring images are in focus throughout the FOV
- MultiSharp™ Focus captures multiple images which are combined to create one clear, crisp image
- MultiSharp™ Focus is of particular use when capturing IR images of objects located both close to and far away from the camera
- The MultiSharp™ Focus can be used when targets are blurry
- MultiSharp™ Focus is most effective when used the SuperResolution function
- Compatible Fluke Infrared Smart Lenses (NOT included) can be used to capture clear images of different sized targets at various distances from the camera and in a variety of environmental conditions
- Compatible with wide-angle, 2x and 4x telephoto Infrared Smart Lenses
- Fluke Infrared Smart Lenses can be used interchangeably
- Fluke Infrared Smart Lenses are recognised on connection and so do not require calibration
- Lenses can be rotated up to 240° allowing the user to capture IR images of awkwardly placed targets
- Rotatable 5.7” (landscape), LCD display
- Can be adapted for user comfort
- Supplied with a hand and neck strap allowing for comfortable use over prolonged periods of time
- Intuitive, touchscreen interface
- Edit and analyse IR images on the camera
- Continuous level and span function
- Image sharpening function
- Alter the image’s emissivity
- Filter mode
- Eight colour palettes in standard and ultra-contrast versions: Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale and Grayscale Inverted
- Apply colour alarms: will alert the user when temperatures breach the pre-set norms
- Apply rectangular boxes to determine the min, max and average temperatures for a particular area
- Attach notes and voice annotations using the IR-PhotoNotes™ function
- IR-Fusion™ blending technology: combines IR images and visible-light images to create detailed thermal pictures
- Save thermal media to the 4GB microSD card
- Fluke Connect enabled
- Use in conjunction with a smartphone or tablet with the Fluke Connect App installed
- Wirelessly sync thermal media and data to the Fluke Connect App
- Thermal media and data can be saved to asset records, edited and analysed using the Fluke Connect App
- Create customisable reports using the Fluke Connect App
- Compatible with Fluke’s Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software which is available as a free download from Fluke
- Asset tag data and thermal media using the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software
- Create reports and conduct trend analysis using the aforementioned software
- Operate the cameras remotely and view streamed footage using the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software
- Monitor processes
- Also compatible with Fluke’s MATLAB® and LabVIEW® software programs (NOT included) for R&D applications
- Ergonomic, effective and efficient high-definition infrared imagers
- Capture sharp, detailed thermal images and precise temperature measurements for troubleshooting and predictive maintenance applications
- Your Choice of Fluke TiX580 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Camera
- AC Power Supply and Battery Pack Charger (including AC Adapters)
- Two, Rugged Lithium-ion Smart Battery Packs
- USB Cable
- HDMI Video Cable
- 4GB microSD Card
- Bluetooth Headset (where available)
- Rugged, Hard Carrying Case
- Adjustable Neck and Hand Strap
Please note that the Fluke Connect SmartView Desktop Software and User Manual are available for free download from Fluke.
Files & Downloads:
- Fluke TiX5X0 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras - Safety Information Supplement
- Fluke TiX5X0 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras - Users Manual Supplement
- Fluke TiX5X0 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras - Safety Information
- Fluke TiX5X0 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras - Quick Start Guide
- Fluke TiX5X0 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras - Datasheet
- Fluke TiX5X0 High-Resolution Thermal Imaging Cameras - Users Manual
- Fluke Ti Pro and TiX Thermal Imaging Cameras - Datasheet
Fluke Ti PRO and TiX Thermal Imaging Cameras Technical Specifications
The table below details the technical specifications for all the models in this range of Fluke thermal imaging cameras.
|Specifications||Ti401 PRO||Ti480 Pro||TiX501||TiX580|
|Infrared resolution||640 x 480 (307,200 pixels)|
|SuperResolution||No||Yes, in software. Captures and combines 4x the data to create a 1280 x 960 image||No||Yes, in software. Captures and combines 4x the data to create a 1280 x 960 image|
|IFOV with standard lens (spatial resolution)||0.93 mRad, D:S 1065:1|
|Field of view||34 °H x 24 °V|
|Minimum focus distance||15 cm (approx. 6 in)|
|MultiSharp Focus||No||Yes, focused near and far, throughout the field of view||No||Yes, focused near and far, throughout the field of view|
|LaserSharp Auto Focus||Yes, for consistently in-focus images. Every. Single. Time|
|Laser distance meter||Yes, calculates distance to the target for precisely focused images and displays distance on screen|
|Advanced manual focus||Yes|
|Wireless connectivity||Yes, to PC, iPhone® and iPad® (iOS 4s and later), Android™ 4.3 and up, and WiFi to LAN (where available)|
|Fluke Connect app compatible||Yes*, connect your camera to your smartphone, and images taken automatically upload to the Fluke Connect app for saving and sharing|
|Fluke Connect Assets||Through the desktop, assign images to assets, easily compare measurement types in one location and create reports.||Future**, Automatically assign images to assets, easily compare measurement types in one location and create reports through a cloud-based system.|
|Fluke Connect instant cloud upload||Yes*, connect your camera to your building’s WiFi network, and images taken automatically upload to the Fluke Connect system for viewing on your smartphone or PC|
|Fluke Connect instant server upload||Yes**||Yes**||Yes**||Yes**|
|IR-Fusion technology||Yes, adds the context of the visible details to your infrared image|
|Ruggedized touchscreen display||3.5 inch (landscape), 640 x 480 LCD||5.7 inch (14.4 cm) landscape 640 x 480 LCD|
|Ergonomic design||Pistol-grip design for one-handed use||240 ° rotatable (articulating) lens|
|Thermal sensitivity (NETD)**||≤ 0.075 °C at 30 °C target temp (75 mK)||≤ 0.05 °C at 30 °C target temp (50 mK)||≤ 0.075 °C at 30 °C target temp (75 mK)||≤ 0.05 °C at 30 °C target temp (50 mK)|
|Level and span||Smooth auto and manual scaling|
|Touchscreen adjustable level/span||Yes. Span and level can be easily and quickly set by simply touching the screen|
|Fast auto toggle between manual and auto modes||Yes|
|Fast auto-rescale in manual mode||Yes|
|Minimum span (in manual mode||2.0 °C (3.6 °F)|
|Minimum span (in auto mode)||3.0 °C (5.4 °F)|
|Built-in digital camera (visible light)||5MP|
|Frame rate||60 Hz or 9 Hz versions|
|LED light (torch)||Yes|
|Digital Zoom||No||2x and 4x||2x||2x, 4x, 8x|
|Data Storage and Image Capture|
|Extensive memory options||Removable 4 GB micro SD memory card, 4 GB internal flash memory, save to USB flash drive capability, upload for permanent storage|
|Image capture, review, save mechanism||One-handed image capture, review, and save capability||Yes, edit and analyze captured images on camera|
|Image file formats||bmp, jpeg, is2||bmp, jpeg, is2, is3, AVI||bmp, jpeg, is2, is3, AVI||bmp, jpeg, is2, is3, AVI|
|Memory review||Thumbnail and full screen review|
|Software||Full analysis and reporting software with access to the Fluke Connect system|
|Analyze and store radiometric data on a PC||Yes|
|Export file formats with Fluke Connect software||Bitmap (.bmp), GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF|
|Voice annotation||60 seconds maximum recording time per image; reviewable playback on camera, optional Bluetooth headset available but not required|
|IR-PhotoNotes||Yes - 2 images||Yes - 5 images||Yes - 2 images||Yes - 5 images|
|Text annotations||Yes. Including standard shortcuts as well as user programmable options|
|Video recording and formats||No||Standard and radiometric||Standard||Standard and radiometric|
|Remote control operations||Remote display through Fluke Connect||Remote display and control operation through Fluke Connect||Remote display through Fluke Connect||Remote display and control operation through Fluke Connect|
|Auto capture (temperature and interval)||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|MATLAB® and LabVIEW® tool boxes||-||Integrate camera data, infrared video and images into software to support R&D analysis|
|Batteries (field-replaceable, rechargeable)||Two lithium ion smart battery packs with five-segment LED display to show charge level|
|Battery life||2-3 hours per battery (actual life varies depending on settings and usage)|
|Battery charging time||2.5 hours to full charge|
|Battery charging system||Two-bay battery charger or in-imager charging. Optional 12 V automotive charging adapter|
|AC operation||AC operation with included power supply (100 V AC to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz)|
|Power saving||User selectable sleep and power off modes|
|Temperature measurement range (not calibrated below -10 °C)||-20 °C to +650 °C (-4 °F to +1,202 °F)||-20 °C to +1,000 °C (-4 °F to 1,832 °F)||-20 °C to +650 °C (-4 °F to +1,202 °F)||-20 °C to +1,000 °C (-4 °F to 1,832 °F)|
|Accuracy||± 2 °C or 2 % (at 25 °C nominal, whichever is greater)|
|On-screen emissivity correction||Yes (both value and table)|
|On-screen reflected background temperature compensation||Yes|
|On-screen transmission correction||Yes|
|Line temperature graph||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Standard palettes||9: Rainbow, Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale, Grayscale Inverted||8: Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale, Grayscale Inverted|
|Ultra Contrast palettes||9: Rainbow, Ironbow, Blue-Red, High Contrast, Amber, Amber Inverted, Hot Metal, Grayscale, Grayscale Inverted||8: Ironbow Ultra, Blue-Red Ultra, High Contrast Ultra, Amber Ultra, Amber Inverted Ultra, Hot Metal Ultra, Grayscale Ultra, Grayscale Inverted Ultra|
|Macro–25 micron lens: 25 MAC2||Yes|
|2 x telephoto lens: TELE 2||Yes|
|4 x telephoto lens: TELE4||Yes|
|Wide angle lens: WIDE 2||Yes|
|Color alarms (temperature alarms)||High temperature, low temperature, and isotherms (within range)|
|Infrared spectral band||7.5 μm to 14 μm (long wave)|
|Operating Temperature||-10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to +50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F) without batteries|
|Relative humidity||10 % to 95 % non-condensing|
|Center-point temperature measurement||Yes|
|Spot temperature||Hot and cold spot markers||Hot and cold spot markers, individually enabled|
|User-definable spot markers||No||3 user-definable spot markers||2 user-definable spot markers||3 user-definable spot markers|
|User-defined measurement boxes||1 expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display||Up to 3 expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display||1 expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display||3-Expandable-contractible measurement box with MIN-MAX-AVG temp display|
|Hard Case||Rugged, hard carrying case; soft transport bag||Rugged, IP67 rated, airtight hardcase with custom foam insert|
|Safety||IEC 61010-1: Overvoltage category II, Pollution Degree 2|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||IEC 61326-1: Basic EM environment. CISPR 11: Group 1, Class A|
|Australian RCM||IEC 61326-1|
|US FCC||CFR 47, Part 15 Subpart B|
|Vibration||0.03 g2/Hz (3.8 g), 2.5 g IEC 60068-2-6|
|Shock||25 g, IEC 68-2-29|
|Drop||Engineered to withstand 2 meter (6.5 feet) drop with standard lens||Engineered to withstand 1 meter (3.3 feet) drop with standard lens|
|Size (H x W x L)||27.7 cm x 12.2 cm x 16.7 cm (10.9 in x 4.8 in x 6.5 in)||27.3 cm x 15.9 cm x 9.7 cm (10.8 in x 6.3 in x 3.8 in)|
|Weight (battery included)||1.04 kg (2.3 lb||1.54 kg (3.4 lb)|
|Enclosure rating||IEC 60529: IP54 (protected against dust, limited ingress; protection against water spray from all directions)|
|Warranty||Two-years (standard), extended warranties are available|
|Recommended calibration cycle||Two-years (assumes normal operation and normal aging)|
|Supported languages||Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish|
Please Note: Fluke Connect analysis and reporting software is available in all countries but Fluke Connect is not. Please check availability with your authorized Fluke distributor
**Indicates Fluke Connect™ features that will be available soon. Watch the Fluke website for software and firmware updates.