Seek Thermal Compact Android Smartphone Thermal Camera
Whether you’re an HVAC professional, electrician or checking buildings for structural damage, the Seek Thermal Compact thermal camera will help you find problems with temperature!
Designed to plug directly into your Android smartphone or tablet* via the micro USB connector, the Seek Thermal Compact works in tandem with a free app to allow you to capture full thermal images and video, determine spot temperatures, share with others and much, much more.
This video from Seek outlines exactly how this product can be used in a wide variety of applications.
Seek Thermal Compact Android Smartphone Thermal Camera Key Features
- Plug into your Android smartphone (or tablet) and turn it into a thermal camera!
- Ideal for any professional contractor – find heating problems in electrical, HVAC, boilers and various other systems, as well as buildings
- Free app available on the Google Play store – use to capture videos and images, change colour palettes, determine specific temperatures, share with others and much more
- 206 x 156 pixel thermal detector produces great quality thermal images
- Detection distance of up to 1000 feet (330 yards, 300m)
- 36 degree field of view ensures you get a wide image with lots of detail
- Temperature measurement range from -40 to 626°F (-40 to 330°C) caters for a wide variety of applications
- Adjustable focus
- Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit measurement modes
- 9 selectable different colour palettes
- Different modes included – spot thermography, high/low and threshold modes
- No batteries required! Powered directly from your smartphone
- Suitable for use in both day and night conditions
- Seek Thermal Compact Thermal Camera for Android
- Waterproof Carrying Case
*Notes on Compatibility
Please note that not all Android smartphones and tablets are compatible with the Seek Thermal Compact.
Please review all of the following information carefully to determine whether or not your device is compatible with the Seek Thermal Compact.
Any questions? Please call us directly.
Smartphone Case Compatibility
In some cases, thicker smartphone cases (especially ruggedized ones) will not provide enough clearance around the connection port. To use the camera you must either remove the case or attach the camera using an extender or adapter (sold separately).
Operating System Compatibility
You will require an Android smartphone or tablet running at least Android 4.3 to use this camera and the compatible app.
List of Tested Compatible Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (except some running 5.1.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel
- Google Nexus 5
- Google Nexus 5x
- Google Nexus 6
- Nexus 6p
- HTC Desire 820
- HTC Desire EYE
- HTC One Mini 2
- HTC One A9
- HTC One M8
- HTC One M9
- Motorola Moto X
- Motorola Moto G
Please note that the Seek Thermal is designed for use with smartphones with a micro-USB slot running at least Android 4.3. Therefore it has not been tested but may work with many other HTC, LG, Sony Xperia and some Galaxy Tab models.
*Please note that Samsung phones, such as the S8 are supplied with adaptors which are not OTG enabled. Therefore you will need a separate adaptor with OTG (On The Go) capability in order to connect this Thermal Camera to your device.
List of Incompatible Devices
The Seek Thermal Compact will NOT work with these products.
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S9+
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy 2 (old)
- Samsung Galaxy Mega
- Samsung Galaxy Note (original)
- Samsung Google Nexus S
- Samsung Nexus S
- Samsung Galaxy S3 NEO
- Samsung S4 mini
- Samsung S5 mini
- Amazon Fire Phone & Tablet
- Google Nexus 4
- Google Nexus 7 (2012)
- HTC Desire 620
- HTC Desire 626
- HTC Nexus 9
NOTE: Android devices sometimes orient the micro-USB connector in different directions or locations. For correct usage, the USB port should be located on the bottom, with the widest portion of the port aligned with the back of your smartphone. Many LG and HTC devices orient the connector- in the opposite direction, and many devices from Sony and Motorola often position the port on the side. In these cases, it is recommended to use a micro-USB cable or adapter to allow proper aiming and positioning of the camera (sold separately).
Seek Thermal Compact Technical Specifications
|Detector and Optics|
|Thermal Sensor||206 x 156|
|Detection Distance||1000 feet (330 yards/300m)|
|Field of View||36 degree FOV|
|Temperature Range||-40 to 626°F (-40 to 330°C)|
|Pixel Pitch||12 microns|
|Spectral Range||7.5 to 14 microns|
|User Interface||Connects to a smartphone. Controlled by free Seek mobile app|
|Temperature Display Scale||Fahrenheit or Celsius|
|Colour Palettes||9 options|
|Thermal Tools||Spot thermography, hi-low and threshold|
|Capture Settings||Records photos and video|
|Storage Media||Stores photos and video directly to smartphone|
|Battery||No batteries required. Powered by smartphone|
|Phone Compatibility||iPhone and Android (for compatible phone list, visit www.thermal.com/supported)|
|Device & Package Info|
|Country of Origin||Designed and manufactured in Santa Barbara, California, USA with global components|
|Device Dimensions (H x W x D)||1 x 1.75 x 8 inches|
|Device Weight||0.5 ounces|
|Box Dimensions (H x W x D)||7 x 3.75 x 1.25 inches|
|Package Weight||8.3 ounces|